9.08.2008

In response to the September question...

What is your greatest spiritual flaw? What are you doing to overcome it?

Someone much wiser than me was asked once, "How do you fill a spiritual void?"
He answered gently: "With immeasurable spirit".

Perhaps my greatest spiritual flaw resides inside my apparent, still, readiness to get in my own way when all I really need to do is 'let go and let god'.

It smacks of ego and self-will, that I still entertain ideas of perfection, in that when confronted with something emotionally challenging, I often resort to thoughts of 'I can fix this' rather than thoughts of "I must feel this through to the other side".

I'm an alcoholic named Dan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Dan,

I can really relate to the ideas of perfection. I am getting only a little tiny bit better with it :)

Progress~~~