8.10.2008

Dissolve Accute Tension(s) Now!

"Whenever I find myself under acute tensions, I lengthen my daily walks and slowly repeat our Serenity Prayer in rhythm to my steps and breathing." Grapevine, March 1962As Bill Sees It page 250
How does your prayer and meditation change while under acute tensions?

The noisier life gets the more quiet and still I become. Why? Because I can not solve the problem or dissolve the tension at the level of the problem or tension.

I use HALT daily but adhere to it strictly during times of acute stress.
Hungry: I eat very health foods and do not miss meals. I will take a vitamin supplement to boost immunity that stress can deplete.
Angry: I walk off tension, talk in strict confidence to another. I recently started a yoga class.
Lonely: I enjoy fellowship. I had the pleasure of attending a conference last week that allowed much deep conversation, beautiful ocean views with a big fireplace always lit and fellow practitioners in deep silence and prayer. All those hugs and kisses of sweet affection from spiritual community lifted my soul.
Tired: I get more rest and allow myself to sit still more often throughout the day. I create the space for more stillness if even for a few minutes.

I find that nature is a healer. I sit before the ocean, enjoy the mountain views, feel the warmth of the fireplace and enjoy the wind on my skin. There are tons of deer, elk and hummingbirds here in Genessee Park. I feel blessed to be in nature's presence and it is here that I am reminded that there is an infinite supply of answers that restore the natural order of harmony and balance to all life - including me!
Gail http://www.MySpace.com/SpiritualPractice

No comments: