1.25.2010

What I Learned from Kevin Griffin

What a great post Kevin!

I never really related "keep coming back" to so many other areas in my life but it really does apply. When I was attending a Christian meditation group we kept coming back to our word, our mantra. Like Kevin said the mind does wander and then I come back to my mantra.

One of the things I am working on is trying to keep a positive attitude when I go to work. When you are around others who may focus on the negative regularly out loud it is a constant battle to stay in a positive frame of mind.

What I learned from Kevin is I can "keep coming back" all day long in all my struggles. I can start again, forgiving myself for getting off the beam and commit again to being mindful of my intentions.

How I can make use of Kevin's post ~ use the mantra "keep coming back" throughout my day knowing this applies to all areas of my life.

Thank you Kevin!

1 comment:

Allan McDougall said...

As a 20 year recovering member of a twelve step group I would like to comment on "coming back". In my estimation this is a key essential to recovery that we need to practice each and every day. You mention wandering away and this I can certainly relate to. I still do that every day and at the end of the day I try to reflect on the grace that has been given me over the last 20 years. What a joy to experience the serenity and know that all is well in spite of my negative thoughts. My higher power is with me and I know with you as well.Have a great day and I look forward to further discussion.
Allan